[DeTomaso] Shift gate markings

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 12:03:01 EST 2016

I put a list of additional items on the proposed registry categories based on my having a Euro GTS.

While I was going over what was different on my car it dawned on me that in the 29 years of ownership and all the cars I've looked at I don't know if the shift gate markings are different on Euro cars or not.

My shift gate has numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for the gear speeds each followed by a small "arrow head" or caret (symbol on top the number six key on your keyboard) at the top and bottom of the shift gates and has the letters RM at the top of the reverse shift gate.  Using google translator I assume this stands for retromarcia (reverse gear).

Do US cars have the same markings on the shift gate?

Tom
5186