[DeTomaso] [SDP] 3277 CHA 1972 DeTomaso Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 22:59:04 EST 2016

In a message dated 2/23/16 22 41 16, edducati at mac.com writes:

> Check out this video on YouTube:
>
> http://youtu.be/eOrS0SIlEwk
>

>>>It's a beautiful video, and might be a great car.   Unfortunately the
dealer leaves more than a bit to be desired.

I've been working with three different people who have made various
attempts to buy this car, one of them quite seriously.   The asking price was $75K,
and he got them to agree to $70K.   He made a commitment to buy the car at
that price, and was going to fly out on the weekend to buy it.   No money
traded hands, but he had a commitment and was in the process of buying a plane
ticket to go see it, and pay for it.

They called him a day later and told him that somebody else was expressing
interest, and if he really wanted the car, he had better increase his offer
right away.   He reminded them that they already had a deal.   They told him
the deal was off, and demanded more money.   He told them to go pound sand.

That was weeks ago, and they are still trying to sell the car.

Some forum dudes went to look at the car on his behalf, and they wouldn't
let them drive it!   Who the heck goes to buy a car and doesn't test-drive
it?   Oh, they could sit in it and make vroom vroom noises, and I guess they
could drive it around a parking lot, but that's it.

Clearly these guys don't know how to sell a car.   Until their attitude
improves, they will likely have it for quite some time....