[DeTomaso]   3277 CHA 1972 DeTomaso Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 22:58:57 EST 2016

In a message dated 2/24/16 18 40 40, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> I too am unsure as to the cut off date for flat deck cars, however I know
> my 2511 and Bob Bensons's 2512 are both flat deck cars and I believe them
> to both be original.
>

>>>Fortunately, the answer is no mystery, as all one has to do is RTFM. :>)

There were three decklids used according to the Ford parts book.   The
first was used on the Euro pushbuttons which had no external trunk latch button
and relied on a pull handle inside the left doorjamb, and a cable running to
the back to actuate the latch.   This was used before #1285.

#1286 was the first USA pushbutton car, and used the external trunk latch
button with a flat decklid.   This was used through #2638.

>From #2638 on, the cars had a ribbed decklid.

Note that the way the parts manual is written, it isn't clear if #2638 had
a flat or ribbed decklid.   Instead of saying 'From #2638', it should
probably say 'After 2638', which would mean 2639 and on....

   In a message dated 2/24/16 18 40 40, detomaso at poca.com writes:

     I too am unsure as to the cut off date for flat deck cars, however I
     know my 2511 and Bob Bensons's 2512 are both flat deck cars and I
     believe them to both be original.

   >>>Fortunately, the answer is no mystery, as all one has to do is RTFM.
   :>)
   #1285.
   #1286 was the first USA pushbutton car, and used the external trunk
   latch button with a flat decklid.  This was used through #2638.
   From #2638 on, the cars had a ribbed decklid.