[DeTomaso] Brake booster testing question

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Sat Feb 20 16:23:42 EST 2016

Mark,
Just hook a automotive a/c vacuum pump or two and we use an old a/c gauge set so we can shut off vacuum and watch for leaks,
since you will need volume, and push the pushrod about at maybe 125 pound of pressure with a 1 1/2 " stoke, depending on the
length of foot pad to pivot and pivot to rod attachment.
About 25 ft/pds at pedal pad which maybe 125 pound of pressure for the pushrod depending on the length of foot pad to pivot and pivot to rod attachment.
The vacuum pump will tell you of an air leak or how well it holds and how the unit performs under vacuum.
I am not sure of the vacuum multiplication ratio.
A leak will be the only issue.

Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Work  225-343-7525