[DeTomaso] [SDP] Fwd: Clutch Noise ...

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Mon Feb 15 08:44:52 EST 2016

I have to agree with Mike.  2 years ago I took my Pantera clutch and
pressure plate to a local rebuilder and he rebuilt the clutch and
pressure plate.  Installed same and had a similar experience with the
noise.  It was very hard to adjust to begin with.  After pulling the
tranny and putting in a Pantera clutch the noise went away.  I talked to
the clutch rebuilder and he said he hadn't really had the time to
rebuild my parts so he just provided a new set from a Mustang because
they were the same.  I never could convince him that It  wasn't a
Mustang clutch to begin with.  I think there is someone in Tulsa with a
early 70's Mustang have trouble adjucting their clutch.

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes the bug,
jerry knotts