[DeTomaso] [SDP] Fwd: Clutch Noise ...

Mike Becker mikebecker679 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:58:33 EST 2016

Ed,

Is it a stock clutch, like the picture attached?  I never heard such a noise on mine, but I distinctly recall seeing wear marks on the inside of my bellhousing and I suspected they were the result of outer ends of the clutch fingers grinding against some of the casting bosses.  The counterbalance end of the clutch fingers protrude out a little when you press on the clutch.  In my case, I think the damage occurred long ago, but there's no doubt that at some time, something was rubbing/grinding against the inside of my bellhousing.  If I imagined the sound it would have made, I would expect something like the sound in the video.  See attached picture.

mike