[DeTomaso] Brake booster testing question

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 14 11:58:33 EST 2016

I am (finally) working on my Mangusta which has not been on the road in 25+ years. Many things are in surprisingly good state and others are completely toasted.

I would like to know if there is any way to bench test the function of the Bonaldi Brake Vacuum Servo unit (seems very similar to the Pantera unit). Gaining access to it requires removing most of the interior and, since I have it out now, I’d like to know that it works properly before I reassemble everything.

Short of just replacing it with a new or rebuilt unit, is there any way to know for sure that it will work properly without installing it and connecting everything?

Thanks!

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com