[DeTomaso] Window Motor

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 19:20:57 EST 2016

In a message dated 2/13/16 8 52 47, dkohair at comcast.net writes:

> Restoring a pantera and window motors has broken gears, should I replace
> the Pantera gears or install the Areostar motor.
>

>>>You will likely get different, contrary opinions on this matter.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with the stock setup as long as it's working as
designed.   If it's broken (as yours is), I think it makes more sense to
repair it (which costs $40) rather than replacing it with any of a number of
competing, ever-more-expensive and complicated designs.

It's quite true that the aftermarket setups (whether we're talking about
the Vadar kit or one of its clones, or the Aerostar conversion) will make the
window go up and down faster, and the former setup saves some weight.   But
to me, there is no problem with the fact that the stock motors don't launch
the glass up and down at blazing speed.

Others may disagree....