[DeTomaso] 02290 - chassis no query

Isobel Punt isobelpunt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:15:17 EST 2016

Can any of you guys help me make sense of early Pantera chassis numbers?  Ours is #02290, built in December 1971.  Does that mean it is the 2290th car built, or were they not sequential?  Where did the sequence start - at 0001 or later, as with so many cars? And, finally, do we know exactly how many of the first series were prototypes and how many had the push-button door handles?

These were presumably the ones Ford had so much trouble modifying after shipment - correct me if I`m wrong.  Were they all hand-built at Chia?

Douglas.

Douglas Blain