[DeTomaso] Trickle Charger Info

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 16:22:31 EST 2016

I've been using the 1.25 amp regular Battery Tenders (not the Junior) for over 25 yrs and never had a problem.  At one time Griots Garage was selling under their name, as I recall, and they replaced one for me after 5 yrs or so.

In California you have to get a "high efficiency" version now.  I bought one about a month ago via Amazon and it has been fine

I also have two Schumacher ones and they have been unreliable-- they go into a "wires are not hooked up right" mode at some unpredictable time days or weeks later and stop charging.  I have replaced them with Delrans, which have never done that to me.

Both my Pantera and Dino have extension cord wires I rigged up so the connector is in the front grille-- makes it easy to unplug and plug before and after a drive.

Jim Oddie