[DeTomaso] POCA on Facebook

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:08:38 EST 2016

You don't need an account to look at fb stuff.  Just disable cookies
before you go to any particular page and the "You must register" crap
doesn't block it. After a year or two on Facebook, about 5 years ago
or so, I couldn't take it anymore and committed fb suicide.
Never regretted it, never went back. You guys in here are all I need.
 Sent using Hushmail
On February 2, 2016 at 8:21 AM, "Daryl Adams"  wrote:I have to agree
with Asa Jay on this. While it has its good points,
Facebook is undeniably the biggest spam generator around. People ask
me why
I have a page and don't post anything. I originally set it up so I
could
communicate with my grand children, but the tsunami of noise that
comes in
is a pain. Trying to manage the filtering, unfriending, etc. just
takes
away time I can better spend trying to keep these old cars running. I
wish
there were a simple way to disconnect myself from it.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Jeff Detrich  wrote:

>    My post below was in no way meant to demean what Ed has done. In
fact,
>    what he has done is great and I congratulate him for extending
our
>    reach. Being a marketer in a past life, it is important we
measure the
>    effect in meaningful ways, not only for this but for all of our
>    marketing efforts, including the website. In that way we can
target
>    areas to make them stronger. Data is good.
>    Jeff
>    6559
>    "You cannot manage what you cannot measure... and what gets
measured
>    gets done."A A Bill Hewlett, Hewlett Packard
>    On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Jeff Detrich
>    wrote:
>
>      The real question is how to measure the Facebook effect. A
simple
>      and meaningful metric is to track new POCA members by asking
why
>      they joined and where did they find out about the club. If
Facebook