[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump Advice

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at OhioTimeCorp.com
Thu Dec 29 16:36:03 EST 2016

You can use the oil pressure switch to act as a safety device so that the
pump does not run if there is on oil pressure following an accident.

But remember you will need to have a by pass switch to fill the carb up
before starting.

I do this on my motorcycle to make it EZer to start after sitting a long
time.

Larry (no fires) - Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf
Of Julian Kift
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:42 PM
To: Rob Dumoulin; Pantera - Mail List
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Fuel Pump Advice

My personal preference is for Aeromotive fuel pumps, are you looking for a
bypass system (fuel tank return line) or non-bypass?

I would not bother wiring the fuel pump into an oil pressure safety switch
as the volume of fuel in the carb bowls will be enough to have destroyed
your engine long before the fuel pump cutout starves it. If oil pressure
loss is of concern I would opt for an Accusump or similar system that can
compensate for oil pressure swings combined with an ignition cut out oil
pressure safety switch.

Julian