[DeTomaso] Todays News - Get Yourself This Awesome DeTomaso Pantera While You Can

Christopher Kimball ChrisVKimball at msn.com
Tue Dec 27 12:27:02 EST 2016

OK--so I might be a little paranoid about rust, but although the description says no "visible rust" (the key word being "visible"), when looking closely at the pictures I seem to be able to detect a bit.  The most problematic is in the little air holes near the back of the engine compartment--inside they look pretty brown to me.

As some of us have learned, beauty can be only skin deep.  This is a car on which I would definitely do the ice-pick test--take a small hammer and an ice pick, crawl under the car and place the ice pick on several key locations on the frame, thwack it with the hammer, and see if the ice pick is truly against something solid, or if it plunges through the frame-shaped undercoating which has nothing behind it but a thin sheet of rust...

Sincerely,

Chris