[DeTomaso] body differences - Euro GTS vs USA market car

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:23:33 EST 2016

Hi Julian!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, by the VIN seems like the obvious choice and not a secret. Its my car,
which is late 72 L, 4653. It was Ted Mitchell's car for many years, was
destined to be a race car but never happened. I would expect Ted to know,
but when he acquired it, more like a parts car, it was in boxes, and that's
how I acquired it.

A USA market "L" car would have a large front bumper, correct? It did not
come with one, and it does not have shock bumper mounting holes and I see
no evidence that they have been filled or that extensive front end work has
been done. The registry also shows 4652 and 4654 being euro GTS cars. Which
simply raises the question in my mind. I know that's not conclusive.

I was just hoping to deduce from characteristics inherent to the production
line, rather than word of mouth. Didn't know if those characteristics were
definitive, but If any body online does have history on the car, please
contact me offline.

thank you!! Cullen

-------------- next part --------------
   Hi Julian!
   Thanks for the reply.
   Yes, by the VIN seems like the obvious choice and not a secret. Its my
   car, which is late 72 L, 4653.A It was Ted Mitchell's car for many
   years, was destined to be a race car but never happened. I would expect
   Ted to know, but when he acquired it, more like a parts car, it was in
   boxes, and that's how I acquired it.
   AA USA marketA "L" car would have a large frontA bumper, correct? It
   did not come with one, andA it does not have shock bumper mounting
   holes and I see no evidence that they have been filled or that
   extensive front end work has been done. The registry also shows 4652
   and 4654 beingA euro GTS cars. Which simply raises the question in my
   mind.A I know that'sA notA conclusive.A
   I was justA hoping to deduce from characteristics inherent toA the
   production line, rather than word of mouth.A Didn't know if those