[DeTomaso] More of Steve's Yellow Car

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:09:43 EDT 2016

You hit on some good points Jim.
I consider the Pantera a muscle/exotic and am thankful it was created since
I like both.
My cousin is a Ferrari guy and says the trend is now towards the older
models which feature a manual shift. Even 308's and 512's are experiencing
a surge.
My guess is collectors who occasionally drive them figured out they aren't
race car drivers after all and want to be able to "feel and see" what gear
it's in.
That's what I would prefer over some tap,tap of the finger. What's old is
new again?
Plus much easier to bump start with a manual and clutch! However, if your
Ferrari don't start I think you have something really wrong and prepare to
get raked.
Good day,
Matt Wells
3584

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Pantdino via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   You hit on some good points Jim.
   I consider the Pantera a muscle/exotic and am thankful it was created
   since I like both.A
   My cousin is a Ferrari guy and says the trend is now towards the older
   models which feature a manual shift. Even 308's and 512's are
   experiencing a surge.
   My guess is collectors who occasionally drive them figured out they
   aren't race car drivers after all and want to be able to "feel and see"
   what gear it's in.
   That's what I would prefer over some tap,tap of the finger. What's old
   is new again?
   Plus much easier to bump start with a manual and clutch! However, if
   your Ferrari don't start I think you have something really wrong and
   prepare to get raked.
   Good day,
   Matt Wells
   3584

   On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Pantdino via DeTomaso

     A  A Or another possibility is that the more cars are modded, the
     fewer
     A  A visually stock ones remain.A  And those visually stock ones
     will become
     A  A worth more.
     A  A The Pantera suffers from the narrow-minded point of view that
     since it
     A  A has an American V8 it's not "exotic" and therefore not
     desirable.
     A  A There will always be a number of people who can get over that
     and enjoy
     A  A the car for what it is.
     A  A The classic Ferraris are now being bought up by wealthy
     collectors who
     A  A never drive them, so there will more enthusiasts of more
     limited means
     A  A who actually want to drive a car who will want them.
     A  A Jim Oddie

   A  A -----Original Message-----
   A  A From: gonancy <[2]gonancy at juno.com>
   A  A To: steve <[3]steve at snclocks.com>
   A  A Cc: detomaso <[4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
   A  A Sent: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 11:17 pm
   A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] More of Steve's Yellow Car
   A  A And THAT is exactly why De Tomasos, Panteras in general will NEVER
   be
   A  A taken seriously by the Motoring World because of the ill conceived
   A  A "additions" that are foisted on a great many of these cars.
   Granted I'm
   A  A not saying that the usual upgrades like cooling, electrical and
   fuel
   A  A systems shouldn't be addressed but clam shell rear deck lids is
   going
   A  A WAY TO FAR.
   A  A Flame away, I think most of you guys have less that good taste
   when it
   A  A come to your car mods.
   A  A GoNancy
   A  A ---------- Original Message ----------
   A  A From: "Stephen" <[5]steve at snclocks.com>
   A  A To: <[6]gonancy at juno.com>, <[7]bill at incendium.com>
   A  A Cc: <[8]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
   A  A Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] More of Steve's Yellow Car
   A  A Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:01:49 -0700
   A  A That's the beauty of these cars - we can do what we want to - or
   not.
   A  A Problem is the folks that really would like everyone do what they
   do.
   A  A Reminds me of a gent in the local Cobra group - he positively
   pouted
   A  A when I
   A  A told him we had added mufflers to our Daytona. He made it clear he
   A  A liked
   A  A loud. So? He can have loud. And Nancy can have original. I just
   like
   A  A driving mine.
   A  A Stephen Nelson
   A  A -----Original Message-----
   A  A From: DeTomaso [mailto:[9]detomaso-bounces@
   server.detomasolist.com] On
   A  A Behalf
   A  A Of [10]gonancy at juno.com
   A  A Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 6:34 PM
   A  A To: [11]bill at incendium.com
   A  A Cc: [12]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] More of Steve's Yellow Car
   A  A What are you gonna impeach me from? The Forum? Big deal. Look,
   someone
   A  A has
   A  A to point up these mindless modifications to cars that are now (
   who
   A  A knows
   A  A why ) worth something.
   A  A The unmolested cars are the ones that will raise to the top of the
   A  A money
   A  A pile.
   A  A Remember I was the one who started the "impeach Shortt movement ".
   And
   A  A look
   A  A what happened.
   A  A Gonancy, leaving my car mostly alone.
   A  A Please note: message attached
   A  A From: "[13]bill at incendium.com" <[14]bill at incendium.com>
   A  A To: "[15]gonancy at juno.com" <[16]gonancy at juno.com>,
   [17]davel at emspace.com
   A  A Cc: [18]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] More of Steve's Yellow Car
   A  A Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 17:43:10 -0600
   A  A ____________________________________________________________
   A  A Affordable Wireless Plans
   A  A Set up is easy. Get online in minutes.
   A  A Starting at only $14.95 per month!
   A  A [19]www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216
   A  A _______________________________________________
   A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
   A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A  A DeTomaso mailing list
   A  A [20]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.)
   A  A use the links above.
   A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
   any
   A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
   A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
   archive
   A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.

     etc.) use the links above.