[DeTomaso] Rear spoiler

Scott Mead Photography scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Tue Aug 23 14:51:37 EDT 2016

The GT5 spoiler creates an amazing amount of downforce at speed. File this under "Kids, don't try this at home or on an island." A few years ago, Paul DeCoite wanted to see what his Yates NASCAR motor would do in his '72 GT5 clone. Somewhere north of 160, he looked in the rearview mirror and saw his rear deck lid and leading edge (by the hinges) bowing. Fortunately, the hinges held, but I remember them being pretty messed up after the fact.

Aloha,

Scott