[DeTomaso] Fuel injection stacks

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Fri Aug 19 23:33:16 EDT 2016

Thank you!  Data - I love data!

Stephen Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf Of JFFR
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 1:58 PM
To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Fuel injection stacks

My tongue in cheek answer is to put in a rear window. Which hopefully I will get done in the next week or so. I plan to install a fan blowing air up from below on the passenger side with a thermostat controlling.
With the MSD FI setup I suspect that, even with no glass in the opening above the engine, the FI body still gets pretty toasty when parked and idling. Hopefully I will have some actual data in a month or so...

/To answer your question about fuel injection system inlet air temperatures, I have some data on that. I found that pulling air into the injection system from the bottom of the car is  about 40 degrees hotter than having air coming in from side window scoops and feeding it into a sealed air box. This test was done at 70 mph with ambient temperature at 80 degrees F.  I didn't bother to check the temperatures at idle, but I expect it would still be about a 40 degree difference. I am using a F.A.S.T XFI 2.0  port injected system with a single throttle body and the EZ dash monitor which does indicate inlet air temperature./