[DeTomaso] Fuel injection stacks

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Fri Aug 19 16:58:19 EDT 2016

My tongue in cheek answer is to put in a rear window. Which hopefully I
will get done in the next week or so. I plan to install a fan blowing
air up from below on the passenger side with a thermostat controlling.
With the MSD FI setup I suspect that, even with no glass in the opening
above the engine, the FI body still gets pretty toasty when parked and
idling. Hopefully I will have some actual data in a month or so...

/To answer your question about fuel injection system inlet air
temperatures, I have some data on that. I found that pulling air into
the injection system from the bottom of the car is  about 40 degrees
hotter than having air coming in from side window scoops and feeding it
into a sealed air box. This test was done at 70 mph with ambient
temperature at 80 degrees F.  I didn't bother to check the temperatures
at idle, but I expect it would still be about a 40 degree difference. I
am using a F.A.S.T XFI 2.0  port injected system with a single throttle
body and the EZ dash monitor which does indicate inlet air temperature./