[DeTomaso] forum rule: No POCA discussions

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:14:03 EDT 2016

With all due respect to those who'd like the content of this forum to
be in accordance with their personal preference .....
I say let 'er rip.  There are no "trolls" here.  (Well, maybe
me....sometimes I poke fun at people offline who take offense at
benign, silly things like occasional "off-color" humor.) I like all
the POCA discussions, arguments, brouhaha, etc., be they endless or
not. It's nice to know what's going on, even if we don't ever quite
figure that out.  People need to hash things out.  This is normal and
healthy among passionate people who care about things.   If this
scares off anyone, then let 'em be scared off.  I mean, is this is a
real car club with real people in it?   Or is it afternoon tea-time
with the bridge club? Things are going to get messy from time to time,
perhaps even a bit nasty.  So be it.   This is why we all (hopefully)
have a fire extinguisher inside our cars--   the damned thing could
catch fire at any moment.  (Mine did just a couple of months ago.)
Apparently our former Prez sparked a hell of a fire here.  Well
alright then.  We dealt with it.  No big deal.  Thanks again to the
BOD who did the dirty work of putting it out.  Yet the embers still
smolder... Shortt is a fiery guy who evidently did some good things
for the club......okay he wound up self-immolating in the process
but.... oh well.  I see no reason to hate the guy.  The lawsuit
threats were just pitiful, really.  I feel kinda bad for the guy if he
was feeling cornered and attacked to the extent he resorted to all
that nonsense. Hopefully, his love of the Pantera outshines his
unpleasant experience with POCA and he continues to enjoy the car as
well as other people who love it.   (btw, Facebook makes me nauseous
for some odd reason.  Haven't been on it since around 2009.  I visit
only reluctantly when details of certain social events can't be known
about any other way.)
 Sent using Hushmail
On August 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM, "Ed Mendez"  wrote:Hi all,
This email forum is not POCA nor is it run by POCA. It is run by Kurt
and it is the Pantera community, many of whom are not in the club and
all this arguing does not look good to prospective members. I
recommend that you please take this discussion and address it on the
poca.com forum. I believe this was suggested about 200 emails ago,
maybe 300.

The folks on here want to talk about Pantera stuff, like wheels, and
wiring, and fun, and Monterey and fun, and going fast and fun, and car
shows and fun. Get my point?

Don't shoot the messenger, I believe I am not wrong in this thinking.
But I know I'm going to get it anyway. :-)

Have a great Pantera day.

The POCA PR dude.

:-)
[...]

     :-) <---- this means I'm happy.
     Ps. Have fun. Now back to Facebook where it is actually fun.
     On Aug 16, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Judith McCartney <jpoca2 at hotmail.com>