[DeTomaso] Gold mine for POCA

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Aug 17 15:20:13 EDT 2016

Chuck,
Yes, problems occur and I agree it's good to have things like that
published (if possible) in two or more locations.  This is one of the
concepts behind "mirroring" other web sites; in case one goes down,
the other is still around.

I'd like to point out that the "lost" images from the "infection" of
the old POCA server were in fact recovered.  Only four (as I recall)
of the several thousand images were found to be infected, all others
were just fine and a new album was put in place on the old server so
folks could still access them.  Terry Himes helped immensely in that
effort and I'd like to thank him again for his work to recover those.

I'm not sure what happened to them in the recent move from the old
server to the new; I was hoping they were still available and just
needed a little work to get them published again on the new site.  If
something drastic did happen to them. I think I know where a backup
exists but will have to check.

Are all the owners of those old photo galleries/albums interested in
trying to restore those old albums?

Asa  Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home