[DeTomaso] [TPR] SORT 1 Mile Shoot out results

ehpantera ehpantera at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 23:41:07 EDT 2016

Not this time. At SSCC yes.

Mark, thanks for the rundown. No chin spoiler (like from Silver State last year)? I run a Quella little chin spoiler- gets a little light around 160!
Pretty stout speeds!
David

Sent from my little handheld gizmo.
On Aug 16, 2016, at 8:33 PM, mark skwarek via TPR <tpr at teampanteraracing.com> wrote:

Dear Joseph,Thanks for your interest.
5481 was run for this event without any aero mods for all venues. The car was aligned to factory specs except for the caster which is 6 + degrees courtesy of Johnny Woods. Transaxle has the standard ZF gearing.
The engine was built by Dave McLain in Cuba, MO.. There is a detailed article regarding the build by Dan Jones at the following link. Basically 623 HP and  521 TQ. http://www.the351cforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=577
The headers that I used have 2" primaries (probably should be 1.875" s) with 3" collector and 3" exhaust pipe. No muffler.
Tires are Sumitomo  HTRZ111. Size 245/40/17  and 285/35/18  These are not the best tires for a one mile shootout, as they have a very high wear rating. I need them because I need a Y rated tire for SSCC next month. I prefer Toyo R888.
In the One Mile Shootout I spun the tries through 1st gear in the first run. 2nd run I hit the rev limiter in 2nd  and 3rd gear (7000RPM),. 3rd run, I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear.
On all three runs the front hood popped open at approx. 165mph.Mark