[DeTomaso] Newsletters, cost, paper vs. electronic

Rod Kunishige rkunishige at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:11:52 EDT 2016

Judy's old database provides for a Mail Class entry that is now used for foreign or bulk mailings (USA).  I was given permission to crate a TPOC mail field that was used to encourage TPOC Chapter members to opt for an email version of our newsletter.  It reduced our Chapter postage costs until we finally switched to an all email delivery many years later.  I removed the field once it was no longer being used.

Mail Class field is not in the clubexpress database because it was not considered essential along with all of the member interest data and all of the car specific data including color  & license etc.  Judy's unilateral decision to maintain her db current despite instructions to destroy it allows us to chose to use this field to indicate an email delivery selection.  BTW, when we asked for those interested getting the POCA Newsletter via email only ONE person wanted it by email.  Finally, let me remind you that at the LV Rally President's meeting, the Presidents representatives gathered voted to incur the added $10 charge but the then POCA President nullified that vote saying he only recognized 5 votes from the nearly thirty there.

Simply, let's let the Board do its work to select the best for the club based on input from the Chapter Presidents etc.  Then we may modify the database to solve the method of delivery chosen.

Rod

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>