[DeTomaso] De Tomaso Pantera GTS on eBay! again $250K!!

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 20:43:33 EDT 2016

Typical clueless used car hucksters who wouldn't know a Pantera if it ran them over in the street.

To be fair, it's easy to be an expert on one marque or model and impossible to be knowledgable about every marque. These guys are generalists who rely on sellers for most of their info, and often sellers are clueless too.

150 GTS models made for the USA, not 133.

All of them came with 15x7 front and 15x8 rear wheels, which is what this car has.

This is the car that was totaled in a huge rear end wreck when brand new and sat around wrecked for almost 40 years before being restored, then sold by Mecum auctions. They failed to mention its accident history and only the efforts of the registry and forum prevented unwitting buyers from taking the bait. It rattled around from one auction to the next for a year before some sucker paid through the nose for it. It then immediately went up for sale and has apparently traded hands several times since.

Hot potato.

Scumbag dealer description reports it passing from one owner to the next with low mileage each time, conveniently omitting the fact that it was a complete wreck at the time!

Mike

Sent from my iPad