[DeTomaso] Follow up-Cat's Exotics 1973 Pantera L-week two

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:37:09 EDT 2016

Ok so it's been a week and I haven't heard back from John at Cat's Exotics.
I checked back on their website and they since added some pics.
They also bumped up the price a bit if I remember right. I believe it was
$83 something before and now it's $84,888. I'm curious now.
So I checked on the ProvaMo registry(thank you Chuck) and on 6/5/16 pics
were added with no info.
Now it get's interesting!
A few things didn't add up.
First off the pics on ProvaMo showed the EXACT same mileage as on Cat's
website.
Second the ProvaMo pics show the car being photographed in front of what
looks like palm trees.
Thirdly a typical dealer tag is visible in the ProvaMo pics.

Now how did that same car get from a part of the country where palm trees
are native to the great Northwest where there's not a palm tree in sight
anywhere and not turn a single mile?
Broken speedo/odometer cable? If so,how long has it not worked?
The only thing that makes sense to me is it was shipped from a dealer
somewhere in the Florida area up to Seattle with a broken cable.
This leads me to believe that since Cat's deals in mostly Lambos,which are
not a rarity in Florida, that he has a dealer connection in that area that
ships him cars.
There may be a logical explanation for the discrepancies but if it smells
like poop...

I could be way off base but it makes me question the actual mileage vs.
what is represented.
Maybe not a big deal to a some buyers but certainly worth noting.

Matt
3584

http://www.catsexotics.com/vehicle-details/1973-detomaso-pantera-luxury-lynnwood-wa-id-14348375