[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 146, Issue 17

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 20:31:16 EDT 2016

1) I recommend we ask and wait for the POCA Treasurer to provide the analysis on the printing/mailing cost.
2) Repeated studies have shown digital magazines have been failures because most people prefer printed magazines over on-line editions. I will have to google it again to find the references. I think the last study I saw said 6% prefer to read magazines on-line. ( now that I've said that I hope I can find the reference :-)
3) Without printed content, $75 is way more than any other car club I belong to. Besides POCA, my next most expensive car club is the National Woodie Club and they're $35 ($32 if you join for two years) and I get a full color glossy monthly magazine mailed to me! I need to check and see how many members are in the Woodie Club.
4) My Mustang club prints the monthly newsletter and brings them to the monthly meeting to hand out. They then publish it on-line for those that don't attend the monthly meeting. I understand that doesn't work for everyone, but I for one would be happy to pickup my Profiles and Newsletter each month at our Chapter meeting. Even better if it was in full color. I can tell you I never go on-line to read or print the Mustang Club newsletter. If I don't attend the meeting I don't read that months issue. :-(