[DeTomaso] Radiator Dilemma

Roland willibillie at live.de
Wed Aug 10 11:39:47 EDT 2016

Zink is used in salted water, in soft water we use aluminium anodes.

Roland

Gesendet vom Irgendwo im Nirgendwo.

Am 10.08.2016 um 16:49 schrieb Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com<mailto:julian_kift at hotmail.com>>:

Stephen,

Yes I think zinc is what most would use and most common in the boating World. Fluidyne actually sell a zinc anode drain plug for their radiators;

https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/fld-fhp32004/overview/

They are very proud of these, a 1/4 npt "pencil anode" is available from West Marine or Amazon for less than half the price.

Last time I visited the Fluidynbe website they were recommending something other than 'No Rosion' now, but I cannot recall what it was and their website is now down for reconstruction.

Julian