[DeTomaso] Booster coolant pump

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:29:38 EDT 2016

Charlie,

I put a few miles on the GT40 during Hot August Nights and it is fine once moving at speed but getting hot in slow traffic. I also need to add A/C to it as it is akin to driving around in a sauna in the NV summer heat.  The only real estate for the A/C condenser is up front so I expect that to further impact engine cooling. It would be quite easy to add an inline booster pump in the front behind the radiator. I did similar with my prior GT40, although that was converted to purely an electric pump (Meziere) and I eliminated the mechanical, so wondered about the dual setup.

David Nunn sealed it for me when he said that the Stewart Warner is flow through design, that's exactly what I need and it seems others have managed or reduced cooling temps with a booster setup.

Julian