[DeTomaso] Radiator Dilemma

Jack Donahue demongusta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:23:13 EDT 2016

Hey all - I need some good advice on radiators. I currently have a Fluidyne performance unit without a shroud. I’ve been told that a shroud is a necessity, which I understand. I’ve had it for about 12 years now - no leaks. The rumblings on The List lean towards a unit by Dennis Quella(?) - don’t know the correct spelling or the company, but the last I had read from someone was just to get his radiator and “be done with it”. I think it was a double-pass (I guess that’s good) - and I assume it’s shrouded. Another side of me asks - which is better - copper or aluminum? And Why? I know the copper units are heavier, but I am not concerned about extra weight. I am familiar with the company  - Brassworks - they have been at it since the early 1900’s. Ken and Lela MacArthur had mentioned Brassworks in July. So - here we go - I know the discussion will generate a fair amount of opinions - which I always welcome, since it will generate more questions too. Looking forward to hearing from all the experts - i know you are out there.
jack #4348