[DeTomaso] NPC: Ford 5.4 liter engine blows out sparkplugs ?

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Mon Aug 8 19:36:30 EDT 2016

 Think this engine is swapped into some Panteras, someone I know had a sparkplug blow out like a bullet, apparently this is a fairly common problem according to brief internet research.
Wondering if anyone here has experience repairing a sparkplug hole on one of these, apparently it's a special shaped hole for a special shaped plug.  TimeSert make a kit, but it's like $600.
Thanks,
GD