[DeTomaso] Auctions (Hot August Nights & Monterey)

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:18:48 EDT 2016

It's slow on the list and I've just returned from an afternoon at the Hot August Nights auction now run by Motorsports Auction Group (MAG) after BJ blew Reno off (literally). It seemed there were a lot of no sales, those cars that did sell (of cars that would be of interest to me) seemed mostly well bought. No Pantera's and as expected a lot of hot rods, which are very much an individual taste IMO, usually coveted most by the guy that built it more than anyone else!. Dave Kindig and his sidekick were there with the GM Futureliner (feature lot) a 60' Caddy and an F100. I have to say the quality of the workmanship and final finish was impressive.

On to upcoming auctions and the Pantera content as there's a 'Plethora of Pantera's' coming up for sale in Monterey in a couple weeks. Yes I purposely put 'pride' aside as last time all those Southern cats got together they stirred up a hornets nest, but also because when you look up a group of Panther's (not withstanding they are solitary felines) they would be a 'leap' and not a pride! You wouldn't believe the hits I got for a group of Cougars....... Anyway enough of the multiplicity of big cats and onto the multiples of Pantera's coming up for auction;

Mecum seems to have the 'leap' on all the other auctions with six Pantera's on the lot list;

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244447/1974-detomaso-pantera/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244469/1974-detomaso-pantera/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244585/1974-detomaso-pantera/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-259989/1972-detomaso-pantera-l/