[DeTomaso] Has anyone researched hood vent designs?

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Wed Aug 3 16:12:38 EDT 2016

YES ROD, just to create enough turbulence to keep the lift off the tail end,
That is also why I developed a rear defuser under the Pantera. With a 3.2
R&P I did run up to 200 MPH with complete aero stability.

With the stock GTS fiberglass front Spoiler I remember doing my best to
straddle the Hwy 318 SilverState centerline badly at 155 MPH MAX, so I
developed the race lip GT4 style Air Dam with up to 500 pounds of downforce
designed into it and then added a lower wing under it. Good for 200+
Larry

Is this why you had 5-6" rear spoiler years ago?
Rod

From: Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016
12:35

Understood Chuck, and at about 180 MPH the rear of the Pantera will lift
off due this effect but not the front because of the downward pressure
from the frontal hood area. An aluminum front hood will actually collapse
inward at about the same speed.
Larry