[DeTomaso] Has anyone researched hood vent designs?

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Tue Aug 2 22:26:27 EDT 2016

I might respectfully disagree (obviously not having tested this on my
own...)

The airflow over the car (like that over a wing) will be accelerated.  The
air going over the top of the car will create lift (as in the front of the
stock Pantera lifting up at speeds above 125 mph, such that handling gets
squirrely).  This lift is due to low pressure over the top of the car (again
like an airplane wing), which will tend to pull air out through the hood
vents.

I agree that ducting like GT-40s, Goran's picture, and Comp2 will be much
more efficient at exhausting air than the hibacci grates that most use.

I do agree this effect would be more pronounced with a flat bottom.

Chuck