[DeTomaso] Removal of Michael Shortt as President of POCA

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 18:38:27 EDT 2016

Michael is responded saying we did not have a quorum. Here is our response:

Also be advised that at the time of the meeting there were six (6) Board members in place.  President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, Advertising/Public Relations Director and Membership Director, all of whom were invited to join the meeting.  The positions of Profiles Editor, Newsletter Editor and Past President were vacant due to resignations for various reasons.  Four (4) members present out of six (6), definitely constituting a quorum.   I suppose we could have appointed individuals to fill the three (3) open positions, but that would only have made the vote 7 to 0 rather than 4 to 0.  Bottom line is that there would be no change in the outcome.