[DeTomaso] Removal of Michael Shortt as President of POCA

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 18:27:08 EDT 2016

All,

Hmmm.

BOD meeting with full 5 day notice, as per Bylaws.

BOD acted on agenda item and voted with 2/3 majority to vacate MS as POCA President, as per Bylaws.

BOD sent notice of action to MS with certified mail.

MS has thirty (30) days to present his response.

This is not a coup.  A coup is an illegal taking of power, not a BOD action taken as per the Bylaws.

For those members who have wanted some sort of  'vote of confidence'  distributed to all the members, our Bylaws offer no such option.

For those members  who think preliminary less-disruptive steps should have proceeded MS's removal from office, our bylaws require no such formal steps.

However, the last six months have been filled with multiple, repeated BOD and general membership requests/pleas/beggings for MS to cease his  "...rude,vulgar,offensive, threatening and condescending communications with POCA members and Board members."

MS consistently responded to such requests with promises to do better. MS consistently failed to keep those promises.

As Strother "Captain" Martin so eloquently said:

"...Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

Larry