[DeTomaso] Has anyone researched hood vent designs?

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:07:45 EDT 2016

Nice idea. How do you seal the hood to the new cutout so hot air doesn't
get into the front trunk?

Jeff
6559

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Ken Green via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   Nice idea. How do you seal the hood to the new cutout so hot air
   doesn't get into the front trunk?
   Jeff
   6559

   On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Ken Green via DeTomaso

     A  A Hi Rod,
     A  A  A  A  My plan is to modify the area behind the radiator for a
     large
     A  A vent.A  I'm taking out the light bar and will go to two motors
     or just
     A  A clear covers, haven't decided yet.
     A  A  A  I took some rough measurements and plan to move the front
     of the
     A  A trunk to where the flat part of the floor ends.A  That gives me
     about 24
     A  A inches from the nose without losing much useful storage.
     A  A  A  A Kinda similar to what Gary did:A  [webicon_green.png]
     A  A [1][2]http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hood/hood15.jpg
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  [2]image
     A  A [webicon_green.png]
     A  A [webicon_green.png] [3]View on [3]www.rc-tech.net
     A  A Preview by Yahoo
     A  A  A  A A drawing is attached showing the current plan.
     A  A Ken
     A  A
     A __________________________________________________________________
     A  A From: Rod Kunishige <[4]rkunishige at hotmail.com>
     A  A To: "[5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com"
     A  A <[6]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
     A  A Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:08 PM
     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Has anyone researched hood vent designs?
     A  A  A Ken,
     A  A  A I have a 73L with factory vents and a spare solid hood
     against the
     A  A wall
     A  A  A for you to measure should you choose to do so.A  I wanted a
     GT40 look.
     A  A  A The problem for me was the light bar located in the wrong
     spot for a
     A  A  A better opening.A  I even thought of having two bucket motors
     A  A  A eliminate it.
     A  A  A Art had tried various designs on his hood taking pics as he
     went thru
     A  A  A the process.A  Check with him too.
     A  A  A Rod
     A  A  A Sent from [1]Outlook
     A  A References
     A  A  A 1. [webicon_green.png] [4][7]http://aka.ms/weboutlook
     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [5][8]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A [webicon_gray.png]
     A  A [6][9]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.