[DeTomaso] Has anyone researched hood vent designs?

Lynn Wall lwall67 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:23:43 EDT 2016

Hey Rod,

I had a problem with my hood where it made it easier to install large "GT40" style vents then to restore the hood to stock.

I too had to remove my light bar to make room but I love the look and the fit.

To make the lights function I ordered the following from Detroit speed.  They demonstrated the product at SEMA and then I had to wait for them to finish the design and put it into production.  http://www.detroitspeed.com/1963-1967-Corvette-Products/122006-headlight-door-kit.html

Kind of expensive but the engineering is incredible and it works VERY smooth.  We are in the process of doing the final install.  I had some custom brackets made so that they can be installed with or without the fenders on (my passenger fender is off and my driver fender is on).

By the way I am using Kirks kit that lowers the headlight buckets.

The mechanism does not require any limit switches as all of that works within the system based on load and resistance.

Great product.

If you are interested and would like to order a set of the brackets let me know.  I do not sell them (my body and paint guy does) and I do not have a financial interest in them.

Hope that gives you options.

Lynn