[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: Email Forum Opportunity

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:24:18 EDT 2016

> As you are not to privy the non public emails sent to me, you are
assuming, as well as speaking from a disadvantage.

> The fact remains, the issue was settled early with a generous offer to
adopt the email forum and return it to the independent status from wence it
came.

> Everything that followed was exactly as described.
>
> A failure to comprehend the simple statement, the new website host and
integrated system is incapable of supporting the email forum.

> Whining, complaining, calling me names, reliving history, and recalling
the good old days does not change the fact that it simply will not work.
> It's not like we sat around and said, "Hey, let's think of a way to piss
everybody off".

> One person publicly understood and stepped up to adopt it and will
relaunch it. That was the desired outcome.

> 20 others piled on, changing nothing, 20 more sent private messages of
support.

> If I am to be the lighting rod, so be it.
>
> We are going to keep the membership informed, and operate completely in
the open in all aspects of how the club is operated. While I did not
anticipate such vitroil and hate, I asked for this job, many of the
initiatives to improve and reboot how the club operates are necessary.
> We are blessed to have a majority on the BOD who give selflessly, work
tirelessly and contribute endlessly to ensure the club serves its members
and the best interests of the club.

> The club could just coast another 10 years, the problem is something
called rolling resistance/friction, allowing it to do that is simply
allowing it to die.
> It would be much easier to smile and go along to get along.  I would love
to do such, with any luck, my second year will be less taxing than this
first one looks to be. After 3 months and 20 days, it can best be described
as "eventful". That is not the path I am taking, nor is it what the 77% of
voters who supportted me want. I ran as a change agent, I will not let them
down.

> I wish that many would try to see the big picture, the demographics of
the club, the realities of the world and the volatile sports/collector car
market/hobby and compare and contrast all of it into a salient, reasonable
forecast of need and action.

> That is what we are doing, anticipating the future by acknowledging the
very real challenges facing the club to which most members are blissfully
oblivious.

> Michael Shortt
>
> On Apr 20, 2016 9:55 AM, <cengles at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Michael,
>>

>>                You wrote:
>>

>> "............ so all the
>>  hate fill vitriol and insults were superfluous rants from those who
either
>>  did not read through the 5 separate announcements that nothing would
change
>>  except the URL address or from those hellbent on demonstrating perfectly
>>  why the public email forum is a horrible representation of the club."
>>

>>              I would respectfully observe that I did not perceive hate
fill (sic) vitriol and insults and superfluous rants.   What I read and
understood was that there is a goodly number of people that are very happy
with the old email system.   They detailed the help and benefits they have
obtained from it.    Some well respected participants proceeded to buy
Panteras and join POCA.   Their comments showed that despite it's
shortcomings, it has served many people very well.   Thoughtful commentary
yes.  Vitriol, I think not.

>>  "It is the antithesis of a recruiting tool to attract new members."
>>
>>              I would point out the situation of Dan Jones where the
"antithesis of a recruiting tool to attract new members" actually
encouraged him to buy a Pantera and join POCA.   He has become a figure of
respect and knowledge in the Pantera community.