[DeTomaso] Future of the email list

Barry Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 19 22:44:22 EDT 2016

Very dignified response.
Call me a leach
I can hardly wait to join.

Sent from a handheld device

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com>
Date: 04/19/2016  7:41 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: "B. Seib" <oldwheel at shaw.ca>
Cc: detomaso at poca.com,Kurt Byrnes <kdb at kbyrnes.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Future of the email list

First, if you were aware of what is going on with POCA, you would know that we now have International Memberships at $50 per year. Both the Newsletter and the Profiles quarterly magazine are included in a digital format (no recycling). If you want to get a paper subscription to Profiles, you can, it is an additionally $45 a year ( and we lose money do that, it costs $44 per member per year just in postage, not counting the enevelope or magazine printing).

Given that NONE of you has seen the new website, then all of you have Zero knowledge to talk about it.

You don't know for example that it will have 40 years of newsletters and magazines on it in a digital library.

You don't know that it will have the $49.95 Pantera DVD on it for members for FREE.

You don't know know that it will have all Ford Manuals online in PDF form

You don't know it will have all the Detomaso manuals online in PDF form

You don't know it will have a huge section open to the public to teach them about the cars with photos.

You don't know it will have a public area with a Cars for sale listing service with photos

You don't know we're building a Detomaso Registry with more metrics than any registry online for any car.

You don't know it will have a full Amazon type store with a shopping cart and check out to buy POCA and DeTomaso gear that will be in stock and shipped within 48 hours.

But to enjoy most of this stuff, you need to be a member, you need to stop being a leech and support the club.

Nothing in life is free, hearing a non member complain sounds like silence.

I was a non member longer than I have been a member, but you know what?
I was taught that when you're a guest, you just keep it to yourself.
Nothing worse than a guest who complains.

Its time the club stop operating in the red, giving stuff away and not behaving like it needs to behave to last another 40+ years. It's time that somebody call out the vendors who do not buy any ads in the newsletter or Profiles and complain about not having a free forum to reach members so you can sell them stuff and make a profit.

Y'all need to get up off your wallet and support the club so we can deliver a proper membership experience to everybody.
$50 a year in dues and the cars are now worth $60,000 to $400,000 is a bargain by any measure. I've personally arranged for two different collector car insurance discounts that will pay for most of your membership dues.
There are more POCA club member discounts coming.

Michael Shortt