[DeTomaso] A G50 Porsche gearbox on a De Tomaso Pantera ?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 01:19:06 EDT 2016

Jack,

Is your question directed at the G50 or the Quaife ZFQ? Quaife don't make a Pantera oriented version and I don't know that the ZFQ can be simply flipped, I know of no one that has done so. Patrick Hals (who potsed the original thread) application is the ADA Pantera Si which has the engine mounted significantly lower than a standard Pantera/Si, so the Quaife or a GT40 oriented ZF that places the output shafts over the input shaft height is desirable for ground clearance.

On the G50 part of the reason the Porsche transaxles are popular in mid engine kits is the ring gear doesn't require to be flipped! Remember a Porsche is rear engine with the transaxle sitting in front of the engine, so you are just rotating it 180 degrees over the plane of the axles.

Julian