[DeTomaso] Bloomberg Pantera

David adin at frontier.net
Sat Apr 16 16:43:56 EDT 2016

I ran into, rather Dave ran into me, Dave Bloomberg at the Mojave Mile.
While chatting about everything Pantera, He told me that Alvin had sold his
Pantera two days before.  No mention of Mr. Foose.

If you forgot, Dave "Avanti Kid", drove the Pantera on the record runs at
Bonneville with a "9000 rpm" 302 motor.  Actually the record was set with a
8800 rpm redline.  Another family member tried to up the record using 9000
rpm limits and blew the motor.

It was great to talk to Dave again, haven't seen him since Pahrump days!

David in Durango, see you at the BBORR!

I've just heard from one of our Panteras Northwest members that Chip Foose,
on the lookout for a '71 pushbutton Pantera to restore, has just purchased
his.  Pantera chassis #1294, the same line green Pantera that set a class
record at Bonneville at ~209 mph, is now destined for Chip's care and
restoration.  If he does as sympathetic a treatment to this car as the one
we saw last year, it should really be nice.  While Alvin Bloomberg is sorry
to see it go, he definitely knows it's going to someone who will treat it
well.