[DeTomaso] Chip Foose's Next Project

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 22:39:11 EDT 2016

I've just heard from one of our Panteras Northwest members that Chip Foose,
on the lookout for a '71 pushbutton Pantera to restore, has just purchased
his.  Pantera chassis #1294, the same line green Pantera that set a class
record at Bonneville at ~209 mph, is now destined for Chip's care and
restoration.  If he does as sympathetic a treatment to this car as the one
we saw last year, it should really be nice.  While Alvin Bloomberg is sorry
to see it go, he definitely knows it's going to someone who will treat it
well.

If you recall, the red car he displayed last year had pushbutton door
handles cobbled in.  Now he's starting with the genuine article.

We have our first All Italian car show in the area on Sunday.  Going to be
sunny and 75 (yes, Seattle).  We have 4 Panteras already that I know of, and
likely a couple more when the day arrives.

For those of you who may recall my posting back in late December about the
Mustang GT I was thinking about ordering in Deep Impact Blue with the
Redline interior, I've been enjoying it now for three weeks, and I feel just
as giddy getting into it every day as I do when I drive the Pantera.  The
car is gorgeous and gets compliments every day.  Life is good!

Have a great weekend, and go burn some gas.
Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Yellow '74 #6328