[DeTomaso] Grease splatter guards on driver side.

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Apr 14 14:10:48 EDT 2016

I quickly figured out that if I jacked the car up, I had just enough room
to slip the guard between the fender and drive shaft, then tilt up to
position it under the shift rod only to find out the holes on the guard
were off by about 1/8 inch.  After removing and enlarging the holes and
refitting, a test drive showed the the bottom of the guard rubbed the u
joint on the rear bottom edge and had to be pried out some.  All is good
now, but the guard got scratched up a bit during the trial and error.

I don't remember who I got the guards from over a year ago, but if it was
you Bill, nice job except for the slightly-off hole on one of them.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

-------------- next part --------------
   I quickly figured out that if I jacked the car up, I had just enough
   room to slip the guard between the fender and drive shaft, then tilt up
   to position it under the shift rod only to find out the holes on the
   guard were off by about 1/8 inch.A  After removing and enlarging the
   holes and refitting, a test drive showed the the bottom of the guard
   rubbed the u joint on the rear bottom edge and had to be pried out
   some.A  All is good now, but the guard got scratched up a bit during

   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:29 PM, bill gaino <[4]gaino at earthlink.net>