[DeTomaso] A/C replacement

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:40:30 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com>
wrote:

> I figure on
>      - new compressor
>      - new receiver-dryer
>      - new hoses

My suggestion is that the stock system works pretty well but it's getting
old. A new rotary compressor is probably about the same cost as the old
style compressor and worth the effort since it pretty much bolts in. New
dryer definitely. Hoses are really suspect at this age. It;s a little work
to switch them out but probably worth it in the long run for a long term
owner like you are. Especially if you want to switch to new refrigerants at
some point since they have smaller molecules. Make sure you pressurize it
all to make sure nothing else is leaking. Probably not but good to be sure.

Jeff
6559