[DeTomaso] Pedal Stop Bracket on an early '71

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Apr 11 13:32:05 EDT 2016

Many months ago when I was prepping for paint, I removed the clutch and
brake master cylinders along with an adjustable pedal stop bracket under
the dash that would limit how far a pedals come up.  I believe it was on
the brake pedal.

When I installed the new Willwood MC and bled the brakes this past weekend,
I did not see a need for the pedal bracket. The plunger between the MC and
Booster are set perfectly at least right now.

What purpose does it serve?  Is it to allow you to adjust slop out of the
pedal without having to adjust the plunger between the MC and Booster?

Rob