[DeTomaso] Washington Craiglist

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 00:30:28 EDT 2016

Mike,

Buy with confidence?  Hardly.

Recently, a friend who shall go unnamed agreed to buy a NOS rear quarter panel from him for over $5000. It needed to be shipped across the country and the guy begged him to crate it solidly and he agreed to do so. He would only accept a cashier's check so he got paid in full, in advance.

A couple of weeks later a UPS truck pulls up to the buyer's house. The seller had just thrown the panel loose into a cardboard box with zero packing or protection--no crate, not so much as a single packing peanut. It banged around and was more or less completely destroyed in transit--this was the LAST known original panel in the world. UPS paid for the damage but that doesn't make a new fender appear.

When the buyer called him to ask WTF, he said words to the effect of, "It's your problem" and then hung up without a hint of apology.

Based on both his business practices and his total disregard for the parts he is selling, I would have to be very, very desperate indeed to do business with him. (Quite a few years ago I did call him on behalf of a friend looking for a pair of fenders--he offered them to him for $10,000).

Buyer very much beware, unless you pick the parts up in person...and you had better have a fat wallet!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone