[DeTomaso] Just got Profiles...spoiler alert

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Apr 5 14:53:24 EDT 2016

Paul wrote "do we really need to make them even more so by giving free
memberships to people that already have tremendous incomes as it is?"

My answer is "uh ... yes!"

These are not members, but attractions to the marque who would not normally
join and may never attend an event.  If they do though, think of the photo
ops and publicity for the marque. Similarly, it sure would be a good thing
to have a few Saturday AM car shows show up to tape an episode at a the Fun
Rally. Why would we NOT want that to happen?  So our cars don't
appreciate?  Really?

As for "no dues for past members", personally, I think there should not be
such a thing as "royalty".  Maybe waive dues for those presently serving
office as a token "Thanks" for their sacrifice (and I am not minimalizing
anything any POCA officer does or has done in the past).  Maybe discounting
dues temporarily based on some criteria that benefits the club such as
adding members, organizing events, building club assets, etc..

Rob