[DeTomaso] gast-tank coating question

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 14:21:16 EDT 2016

There are several that will resist the alcohol-laden witch's brew they are sell as 'gas' these days. But to do it according to directions, the tank should be out so it can be sloshed around to evenly coat the whole thing including the top. And one does that only after you put a gallon or so of fuel in the tank along with a double handful of nuts & bolts and slosh it around for 10 minutes to knock rust flakes loose (without a fuel sender inside, of course). Coating a rusty tank sometimes works and sometimes not, depending on how bad things are inside. Good luck- J DeRyke