[DeTomaso] interesting article - Pantera vs 73 Corvette

Paul Timko thedrol at pobox.com
Mon Sep 28 10:02:11 EDT 2015

This is typical US car reporting for that era.  The Corvette must be the
best car no matter what.

What is interesting to me in the article is that the base Pantera easily
beat the base Corvette even with the Corvette's much larger engine.

It took a better driver for the base Corvette to just barely edge out
the Pantera.  Then they took a much upgraded Corvette with "Sports
Racing Tires" and left the Corvette behind?  This is definitely not an
apples to apples test.

Paul