[DeTomaso] NPC: Complex Car Software Becomes the Weak Spot Under the Hood - The New York Times

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Sep 26 21:25:15 EDT 2015

Dear Jerry and Conrad,

               After thinking about a modern car having 25 or 50 or 100
million lines of code, it now seems even more understandable that GM and
Ford use a few thousand lines of code, I suppose, to synthesize oil temps
rather than have an actual temp sensor and proper gauge.  I like old cars
better.

                            Warmest regards, Chuck Engles