[DeTomaso] fuel line story

Rich hoppe1 at cox.net
Sat Sep 26 15:27:38 EDT 2015

Well I dodged a bullet today.
I went out to the garage to start my car.
It has fuel injection so you turn the key – let the fuel pump run and then start it up.
It did not want to start.  that is strange
I stopped- waited - turned the key listened to the fuel pump and tried again.
I did this a few times.
So I decided to get out a maybe charge the battery and try again.
when I opened the door I had to step into a puddle of gas.
The whole car was in a pool of gas, like maybe a gallon or more on the floor.
I was one spark away from lighting everything I have on fire and if I jumped out of the car I would have been in gas or flames.

no warning-  no minor leak-  complete braided stainless steel line failure- maybe 1000 miles but probably 7 years old.

If they are 4 or 5 years old change them!

Rich